PAGES

SOCIAL

Malta | week 20

Monday, February 9, 2015

2.9.2015

This week was not as eventful as some others since Elder Rasband and I both got sick. On Monday we bought some frozen turkey cordon blue and made the mistake of assuming they were pre-cooked as they come in America. After heating them up for 45 seconds in the mircrowave Elder Rasband ate a few bites, but fortunately I decided to refrain. Elder Rasband suffered a minor case of salmonila for the next 3 days or so, and I happened to get a cold at the same time. It made me realize that I have been fortunate to not get sick very much on my mission cause it certainly is not fun. 

We still were able to do some good work later in the week though. Our Philipinno member Marjorie gave us another referral this week. She is probably the best member missionary I have met my whole mission. This her 5th or 6th friend she has referred to us. She asked us to meet her and her friend at Burger King. Elder Rasband and I werent so sure where it was, so we asked the bus driver, and he said that he would let us know when we got close. As we got close, he yelled "Burger King is the next stop!" The bus was full, and we were the only two Americans and we stood up immediately, and everyone started to laugh. It was pretty funny. It was great getting to know Marjorie's friend and teach her about the Restoration and the Book of Momon. Marjorie met her when she lived in Cyprus and gave her a Book of Mormon, and she has already been reading it. Now she moved here, and wants to learn more about it. Hopefully we will be able to continue meeting with her. 

In other news, Damyan was called as Young Men's President last week and set apart yesterday. I had no idea that was possible considering that he is 17 years old, and was baptized 4 months ago.  He was invited to and attended PEC and Ward Council the other day and seemed to enjoy it. He is already planning the first young mens activity as paint balling, but what he doesnt know is that Elder Rasband is in the military. He is going to get lit up if it happens. On a more serious note, he is progressing a lot spiritually. Next week he agreed to teach the lesson for priesthood, and he is quickly becoming a leader. 

Tonight we are headed up to Catania for Zone Conference. I am really excited because their are a lot of awesome leaders who will be training us in the Catania Zone, and I will be able to learn a bunch from them. Have a good week!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger