PAGES

SOCIAL

Malta | week 12

Sunday, January 4, 2015

12/15/2014


I do not have very much time to report on the week, but suffice it to say that things are going excellently. We just arrived in Rome this morning for our specialized training which will be tomorrow, and it has  been such an incredible day. Right now I am sitting in the mission office with Anziano Hatch, and it has been such a blessing to be able to see him and catch up. He injured his ankle down in Sicily, and is now up in the office in Rome. I could not write enough about the example he has been for me or the influence he has had on me if I could write for the rest of the night. When I first heard about his injury, I was puzzled cause I knew he is one of the most valiant missionaries in the mission. Talking with him and others about what he has experienced the past couple of weeks has taught me that his strength and ability to be an instrument in the Lords hands has not decreased, but it has increased. He has had an experience that most would use as an excuse, into an opportunity to teach many pepole, including many doctors who have operated on him. It is one of the most inspiring things I have ever seen in my life.
 
This past week we had a great Christmas Party at the Church in which about 40 people came out to. We left early cause it did not end until around 11. Unfortunately our sacrament attendance took a hit due to the late party. Lesson learned for the future. It was a really spiritual Sunday nonetheless. President De Carlo told us that he recieved an email from a man in Tunisia who met the missionaries on mormon.org, and wants to be baptized but he cant because he church is not in Tunisia yet. He asked if he can fly to Malta to get baptized. He talked about the gospel and how it will sound in the ear of every nation, kindred, and toungue, and this could be the first man from Tunisia to join the church. It is so incredible to see the gospel spread to fill the whole world.
 
Things continue to go well down in Malta. We are very excited for this Christmas season as we have planned with our members and friends some very good times. Im grateful for the opportunity to experience two Christmases in the mission field because it has really taught me to make Christ the center of season/celebration. One of the many lessons I plan on carrying over after the mission. Have a wonderful Christmas season back in the States!
 
Presbiteru Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger