PAGES

SOCIAL

Malta | week 3

Monday, November 3, 2014

10.13.2014

So this week a couple interesting things happened. Our branch had a picnic up in Bugibba, which is about an hour bus ride from where we live. Orfila and I got on the bus and there were 20 kids from California on a 4 month study abroad visiting Biblical sights. Right when we got on, their professor came over and started talking to us, and it was the first time in my life I have met an anti-mormon person who confronted me personally. For about 30 minutes he just bashed on our beliefs about revelation, living prophets, and the Book of Mormon. Orfila and I didnt really care at all to respond, but then he starting attacking our parents for convincing us to believe this false doctrine. After that I asked Orfila for his Bible. The next 30 minutes was ours, and...the good guys came out on top.

Like 2 years ago when the church came out with the "Im a Mormon" campaign, I thought it was kind of cheesy. Honestly, it kind of is, but people need to know who we are. I heard about the Meet the Mormons movie that just came out, and I hope it helps more people understand the church and its members, because it is kind of sad to hear what others think they know about the church. Anyways, thats enough of my rambling.

As far as the good news goes, we saw a sign for a Chinese buffet earlier this week, and Orfila decided to step in to ask the owner for the times. We ended up talking to him for a while, and he actually drove to us to meet his son-in-law who is from the same city in Brazil as Orfila. They literally live like 1 mile apart. We talked for a while, and we went to eat at their buffet Saturday night, and found out the receptionist there was one of the first converts on Malta and she hasnt been to church in like 30 years or something. She was really nice, and we switched information. Hopefully something comes from it!

We were also to see several new faces in church this week which was really excited. We are moving to a new chapel in Birkirkara at the end of the month which will be twice as big and our Branch President challenged all the members to invite family and friends so we can fill it. I love all the Maltese members, and am looking forward to passing the Winter here on the island.

Tomorrow morning the 4 of us are flying up to Rome for zone conference, and I will have 1 full day to go see friends and other missionaries. I seriously cant wait. I will have pics, and more to report next week.
Anziano Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger