7.28.2014
I finally got to go to the Vatican this week! It was my first time, and it was certainly a treat. I got to see many things that I studied European History which was really cool, and definitely an experience I will never forget.
After we visited the Vatican we got to meet with a new friend of ours named Francesco. He plays in an orchestra that is right next to the Vatican, and we met him outside of his work. He was seriously too nice (offered us food and tickets to see his orchestra). He showed us around his work and it was so cool. He showed us pictures of all the places his orchestra has played which was really fascinating. One time he actually played right next to where Anziano Blair lives in Baltimore! Anyways, it was very neat to meet someone so open to sharing with us about his work and his life. Even though we have only met twice, he is already a very dear friend who I am very grateful to know.
Later in the week we went to Rieti to pick up Anziano Blairs permesso (green card type thing). Something is up with that city. I have been 4 or 5 times for permesso stuff, and every time someone has stopped us and asked who we are. I have taught as many lessons in Rieti as I have in Passo Corese and I have been to Rieti about 5 times now. Probably not that many, but a lot. Unfortunately Rieti is out of our area, so we have to pass off the people we find there to the Terni Anziani. However, one lady we found this week who lives in Rieti is the English teacher at the school right next to our house and she said when school starts in September we can come to her class to help out with English! She also took a Book of Mormon to read while she goes to the beach for all of August. We have a list of about 10 people we can start seeing again right when August ends.
Sunday night we had a good lesson with our boys Latif and Samuel from Ghana and they taught us some Twi (not sure on the spelling), which was really fun. They are such cool guys, it is hard for me to understand their English and it made me want to improve my Italian cause sometimes Italians dont understand me all the time. So...I bought a pocket dictionary this week and Im trying to learn new words everyday.
We saw Lorenzo again this week, and I learned a lot from him. Because we have such a good relationship he expresses us all of his concerns/things he doesnt understand. Sometimes when we teach people and they dont understand something and they stop meeting with us. We have such a good relationship with Lorenzo that he is not afraid to ask us anything. That is why it is so important to have relationships with love and trust with these people.
We will see this week if I follow my pattern of 3 transfers in each city! This week is transfer calls. So long til next week.
Anziano Smith
Rome Time
No comments:
Post a Comment