PAGES

SOCIAL

MTC | Week 4 (#2)

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Regan and one of his best friends from back home, Elder (Jacob) Winters 


Jacob and I. Guess who took a nap, guess who was studying hard, haha. I saw him in the bookstore before lunch. 

This is some of my district at lunch. I just wrote a letter to the fam. I missed getting it in the mail today. I'll send it tomorrow. I gave you all hw.

Thanks so much for the birthday packages. Your food has sustained me for sure, same with the love of your letters. Sorry I can't respond as often or in as detailed as I would like. Free time is a concept I no longer remember. 

Take care. Enjoy the summer. Enjoy the jungle (riverpark). Capital Grill and the Y sound like a blast. 
I'm so ready for Italy. The MTC is good. I'm learning a ton everyday, but I am ready. Bryce Kuck told me today to talk to every person I see and challenge someone to baptism everyday. I used to think that was ridiculous but in the MTC I am understanding why we challenge so early and so directly. The only way to enter into the path that leads to eternal life is baptism. It is my job to invite all to enter it. I'm also learning a ton about how to teach. In a good lesson the investigator should talk as much as I do. Inspired questions are key to teaching. I must ask a question and testify of every principle I teach. A lesson isn't a lecture, it's a conversation. The spirit comes when I get people to search their souls. Then the spirit will come and testify of the truthfulness of their words. Fratello Weller said the last two weeks of his mission he and his companion found people to teach and referred them to the ZLs. They didn't teach 1 lesson. The only thing they said to people were the "How to Begin Teaching" 10 points in preach my gospel. It's in Chapter 10. Read those points. In 2 weeks they had 30 new investigators and 8 of them were baptized 3 weeks later. Those 10 points are the most inspired lines of all of PMG. Dad, tell every priest to memorize those points cold. They are literally the secret weapon to getting people interested. 

Love you family,
Anziano Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger